RE: Launch time in 60as (perhaps earlier?)

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2001
      In which version did we add the /DELAYLOAD: stuff to the makefile...?

      Vince

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2001
        Mark Ping wrote:

        > I've been trying out the 60as version, and I've noticed that the
        > launch time has changed significantly since 60am (the previous version
        > I was using).
        >
        > In 60as (and 60at) the launch time is routinely ~3 seconds, whereas
        > 60am is almost always less than 1 second. Anyone else experience this
        > problem? I tried launching without loading plugins, etc.
        > (gvim60as.exe --noplugin -u NONE -U NONE) and didn't see any
        > difference--60am with the same options launched instantly.
        >
        > I'm running Win2K SP 1 on an 800MHz PIII w/256 MB of RAM.

        Are you using a gvim with the same features? The "big" version that's
        included in the self-installing executable does dynamic loading of a few
        libraries, perhaps that slows down startup a bit. I only noticed a
        slowdown on the start of the first Vim though, not when I start it
        again.

        --
        I'm sure that I asked CBuilder to do a "full" install. Looks like I got
        a "fool" install, instead. Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2001
          Vince Negri wrote:

          > In which version did we add the /DELAYLOAD: stuff to the makefile...?

          A few versions back. But it's not used for the version I compile, since
          I don't have VC 6.0.

          --
          DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no
          basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives

        • E. Mark Ping
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2001
            On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, E. Mark Ping wrote:

            >I've been trying out the 60as version, and I've noticed that the
            >launch time has changed significantly since 60am (the previous version
            >I was using).

            It turns out this was associated with a hung MSDEV (Visual C++)
            process--the GUI was gone but the process was still there. Once the
            process was removed, the launch time was back to normal.

            Mark Ping
            emarkp@...