Re: Vim version 6.0ap BETA available

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
      Andy Kahn wrote:
      > # ifdef FEAT_GUI_GNOME
      > /* If Gnome is available, use it for the simple button dialog. */
      > if (gtk_socket_id == 0 || textfield == NULL)
      > return gui_gnome_dialog(type, title, message, buttons, def_but);
      > # endif

      Ah - that'll be my fault then. Sorry!

      Oh. No it isn't - that's not what I did. Here's what I sent
      Bram:

      # ifdef FEAT_GUI_GNOME
      if (!gtk_socket_id)
      {
      /* If Gnome is available, use it for the simple button
      dialog. */
      if (textfield == NULL)
      return gui_gnome_dialog(type, title, message,
      buttons, def_but);
      }
      # endif

      Somewhat different. Methinks Bram mis-optimised!

      In that case, you should use '&&' not '||' in the current
      code.

      --
      =================- http://www.thalesgroup.com/ -================
      Neil Bird Principal Engineer |
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > When using confirm() the problem of the mouse pointer being invisible still
        > exists.

        There's another problem with those gnome dialogues that I've
        only just associated with them. You get wads of errors if you
        use <space> to dismiss them .... and that <space> can be misred.

        Try 'vim file', then <Ctrl-Z> suspend it. Then 'gvim file'
        will try to report a lockfile. Basj space to page down the
        lockfile message, and the gui dialogue comes up & immediately
        goes away, leaving a trail of GTK warnings.

        At least it does for me, and IIRC always has.

        --
        =================- http://www.thalesgroup.com/ -================
        Neil Bird Principal Engineer |
        work - mailto:neil.bird@... | $> cd /pub
        personal - mailto:neil@... | $> more beer
      • Andy Kahn
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
          On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 03:04:55PM +0100, Neil Bird wrote:
          > There's another problem with those gnome dialogues that I've
          > only just associated with them. You get wads of errors if you
          > use <space> to dismiss them .... and that <space> can be misred.
          >
          > Try 'vim file', then <Ctrl-Z> suspend it. Then 'gvim file'
          > will try to report a lockfile. Basj space to page down the
          > lockfile message, and the gui dialogue comes up & immediately
          > goes away, leaving a trail of GTK warnings.
          >
          > At least it does for me, and IIRC always has.

          What's "basj space"?

          When I hit the spacebar on this dialogue, it successfully selects the
          default selected button, which is the "Quit" button. Gvim then quits
          as expected. Are you doing something different?
          --andy
        • Andy Kahn
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
            On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:25:35AM +0200, Martin Dalecki wrote:
            > > icons perhaps. And it does cause trouble. Perhaps I should disable it by
            > > default? On the other hand, we would never encounter the Gnome
            > > problems then,
            >
            > Yes please.

            If you dislike gnome so much, then you should probably not have it
            installed on your system. If this is already the case, I don't see
            why you're making such a big fuss over it.
            --andy
          • Martin Dalecki
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
              Andy Kahn wrote:

              > On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:25:35AM +0200, Martin Dalecki wrote:
              > > > icons perhaps. And it does cause trouble. Perhaps I should disable it by
              > > > default? On the other hand, we would never encounter the Gnome
              > > > problems then,
              > >
              > > Yes please.
              >
              > If you dislike gnome so much, then you should probably not have it
              > installed on your system. If this is already the case, I don't see
              > why you're making such a big fuss over it.

              Blah blah blah. I have not installed it on my system. But some
              fucking RPM dependencies don't allow me to deinstall this crap
              *compleatly* from RedHat 7.1
            • Ron Aaron
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                >> If you dislike gnome so much, then you should probably not have it
                >> installed on your system. If this is already the case, I don't see
                >> why you're making such a big fuss over it.
                >
                >Blah blah blah. I have not installed it on my system. But some
                >f#$%#$%ng RPM dependencies don't allow me to deinstall this crap
                >*compleatly* from RedHat 7.1

                FWIW, I completely understand Martin's point of view. I never have
                installed gnome on purpose, but unless you want a crippled system, you need
                to install at least parts of it.

                Martin, Slackware is a better choice if you want to eliminate unnecessary
                weight on your Linux system (this is getting way off topic, though...)

                Ron
              • Andy Kahn
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                  On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 07:08:51PM +0200, Martin Dalecki wrote:
                  > > If you dislike gnome so much, then you should probably not have it
                  > > installed on your system. If this is already the case, I don't see
                  > > why you're making such a big fuss over it.
                  >
                  > Blah blah blah. I have not installed it on my system. But some
                  > fucking RPM dependencies don't allow me to deinstall this crap
                  > *compleatly* from RedHat 7.1

                  This sounds more like a problem with your Linux installation, and not
                  a problem with vim.
                  --andy