Re: Motif font selection advancements

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      Martin Dalecki wrote:

      > OK Bram yerstoday afternoon I have recompiled all my sources under
      > LessTif (the plain version from RedHat 7.1) and yes, as I have have
      > already suspectedy, LessTif flagged true layout errors. The following
      > incremental patch fixes all of them.

      Good. I do still get two unimportant warnings (blame gcc for that):

      ui_xmdlg.c: In function `fill_lists':
      gui_xmdlg.c:515: warning: `w' might be used uninitialized in this function
      gui_xmdlg.c: In function `gui_xm_select_font':
      gui_xmdlg.c:854: warning: `index' might be used uninitialized in this function

      Somehow the shadow of the text area has now disappeared, the toolbar isn't
      separated from it...

      > However for some reason I *am* able
      > to select a font properly. Please note that the presetting
      > of the default font selection on startup of the dialogue isn't quite
      > complete yet (it's only presetting the font name list).
      > This is the only major topic which needs to be completed I think.

      What happens for me is that I can see a "font name" and some example
      characters when the dialog opens. As soon as I start selecting from the three
      lists, the "font name" and example text go blank. I'm unable to type
      something in the "font name" text field. The OK button doesn't work, probably
      because there is no font name.

      Hmm, when I click on the "Encoding" menu, I sometimes do get a font name and
      OK starts working. And making changes in one of the three lists does work
      then. Looks like the event handling doesn't work properly.

      I also managed to make it crash once (BadWindow error). Looks like you have
      some more work to do...

      --
      From "know your smileys":
      8-O "Omigod!!" (done "rm -rf *" ?)