Session bug

  • Robert Webb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2001
      If I save a session when I have two windows open on the same file, only the
      current cursor position of one of them is restored when loading the session
      again. The other one has the cursor at the start of the file.

      I thought this used to work, but I could be wrong (I'm still using 6.0ak at
      the moment).

      Thanks,
      Rob.

      --

      Robert Webb <RobertW@...>,
      Senior Programmer,
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 1:52 AM
        Robert Webb wrote:

        > If I save a session when I have two windows open on the same file, only the
        > current cursor position of one of them is restored when loading the session
        > again. The other one has the cursor at the start of the file.
        >
        > I thought this used to work, but I could be wrong (I'm still using 6.0ak at
        > the moment).

        It appears to work fine for me (6.0ap). Perhaps something in your .vimrc that
        interferes?

        --
        From "know your smileys":
        <<<:-{ Worf (Never smiles anyways, so he's a bad smiley)

      • Robert Webb
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 5:31 PM
          Bram wrote:

          > > If I save a session when I have two windows open on the same file,
          > > only the current cursor position of one of them is restored when
          > > start of the file.
          > >
          > > I thought this used to work, but I could be wrong (I'm still using
          > > 6.0ak at the moment).
          >
          > It appears to work fine for me (6.0ap). Perhaps something in your
          > .vimrc that interferes?

          Doh! You're right. I tracked it down to this line:

          source $VIM/filemgr.vim

          For the moment, I'll just delete that line, and it works fine again.

          Rob.