printing port

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31 8:16 AM
      hello,
      I can help someone having mac OS to port the windows-print
      code for that os.
      vipin
    • Matt
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 31 9:25 AM
        On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, vipin aravind wrote:

        > hello,
        > I can help someone having mac OS to port the windows-print
        > code for that os.
        > vipin

        If you're offering to help port the Windows code to the Mac, I'm all for it. ;) Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your viewpoint...), the only mac i have hooked up to a printer right now is a 68K running system 7.5.5. I'm sure I could install Print To PDF on the G4 running OS 9 though. That just leaves the OSX people. But they may already be covered. I don't know since I haven't played with OSx yet.

        --Matt

        P.S. You may want to take this to the vim-mac list. It may not be very active, but it would be a more appropriate forum...
      • vipin aravind
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
          hi,
          I don't have a mac os.Idea of my mail was to get someone started on it.
          please refer os_mswin.c for functions which need to port.
          This will give you an idea of what is happening and what is intended.
          All that is required is to find the equivalent printing apis for mac.
          vipin

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2001
            On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, vipin aravind wrote:

            > hi,
            > I don't have a mac os.Idea of my mail was to get someone started on it.
            > please refer os_mswin.c for functions which need to port.
            > This will give you an idea of what is happening and what is intended.
            > All that is required is to find the equivalent printing apis for mac.
            > vipin

            I'm still new to compiling on Macs... Once I actually get a 6.0 compiled, I'll see what I can bang together. I'm sure I can find 2 rocks in all the code. If I make a spark, hopefully someone more qualified can clean it up and make it a proper fire. ;) One of my main goals, as i'm sure everyone on vim-mac knows by now ;), is to make sure as much as vim as possible continues to run on "ancient" Macs... If I have my way, there will be syntax highlighting on a Color Classic running System 6... ;) (Just kidding about that one... Though it *would* have serious geek value to show off...)

            Since I don't see any code for printing on Macs, can anyone give any ideas on how to best go about doing so? IIRC, emacs (ugh) prints on macos. Anyone know how they do it? I've got a *lot* of learning coming up the next couple months it looks like... If no one else volunteers for porting the Print code, I will until someone more qualified steps up. I'm CC:ing the vim-mac list, as that is probably the proper forum for this topic.

            --Matt

            P.S. If any of this makes no sense, please let me know. I'm writing this as I head to bed after being up FAR too long. ;)