VIM + WINE

  • Bohdan Vlasyuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
      Congratulations :-)) Vim 5.8 (gui) works with WINE (or, at least, it
      gets running) -- however, some quirks with menus appear after some
      time.

      Bram, do you plan to support Wine as target platform ??

      --
    • Martin Dalecki
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
        Bohdan Vlasyuk wrote:

        > Congratulations :-)) Vim 5.8 (gui) works with WINE (or, at least, it
        > gets running) -- however, some quirks with menus appear after some
        > time.
        >
        > Bram, do you plan to support Wine as target platform ??
        >
        > --

        I'm working on this. The main problem currently is the leak of
        wchar_t support in winelib code.

        --
        - phone: +49 214 8656 283
        - job: eVision-Ventures AG, LEV .de (MY OPINIONS ARE MY OWN!)
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
          Bohdan Vlasyuk wrote:

          > Congratulations :-)) Vim 5.8 (gui) works with WINE (or, at least, it
          > gets running) -- however, some quirks with menus appear after some
          > time.
          >
          > Bram, do you plan to support Wine as target platform ??

          I don't see much reason for it, since Vim runs natively on most platforms.
          If there are quirks, this probably means WINE needs to be fixed.

          82. AT&T names you Customer of the Month for the third consecutive time.

        • Martin Dalecki
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2001
            Bram Moolenaar wrote:

            > Bohdan Vlasyuk wrote:
            >
            > > Congratulations :-)) Vim 5.8 (gui) works with WINE (or, at least, it
            > > gets running) -- however, some quirks with menus appear after some
            > > time.
            > >
            > > Bram, do you plan to support Wine as target platform ??
            >
            > I don't see much reason for it, since Vim runs natively on most platforms.
            > If there are quirks, this probably means WINE needs to be fixed.

            I fully agree. In fact VIM's source code is a *very* good vehicle
            for reengineering Microsofts bang of SHIT ^H^H^H^Hbehavioral diversity
            betweend the specs and the reality of theyr code, and between the
            different
            operating systems they sell. (Which are far more forked then Linux for
            one is!!!)