Re: PATCH pixmaps

  • Martin Dalecki
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2001
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Martin Dalecki wrote:
      >
      > > The following fixes a typo in one of the tb pixmaps.
      > > Second it does change the way the inactive pixmaps get derived
      > > from the provided one. The way it is done in the patch hase
      > > two advantages:
      > >
      > > 1. FAR MORE efficient on remote connections. It doesn't draw pixel
      > > by pixel.
      > >
      > > 2. More uniformity of the controllabe parts between different GUI
      > > implementations.
      > >
      > > 2. For more visually pleasant, I think, at least ;-)
      >
      > Well, opinions differ. I find the existing grey-ed out icons much nicer. The
      > grey blob that results after this patch makes it difficult to recognize an
      > icon. I'll keep this part as it was and include the rest of the patch.
      >
      > Perhaps there is a quicker way to make the insensitive pixmap out of the
      > sensitive one. Using some kind of mask should work, but I don't know how to
      > do that. Perhaps drawing lines instead of single pixels would already be much
      > faster.

      Bram please have a closer look! The currently used mechanism in motif is
      not the same
      as in GTK+! The pixels inbetween are just left out and not greyed at
      all.
      I pledge you please include it, since it's making a really significant
      difference
      for startup time under some circumstances. I will just try to improve it
      a bit
      by changing the border structure if the icons themself.
      If they are greyed out - they are inactive anyway, so it's not that
      significant that they are not recognizable - and the affected pixmaps
      are anyway the two ones which everybody knows about. And I think that
      the
      cross GUI consistency argument is quite strong.