Re: [60al,xim] test for controling XIM (gtk only)

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2001
      Muraoka Taro wrote:

      > In these some days, I have worked on XIM improvement.
      > This patch will make XIM more useful.
      > Now we can control XIM as like as IME of MS-Windows.
      > But this is just alpha test and supports only GTK GUI.
      > This codes should be tested by many people.
      > I didn't write any documents for user yet.
      > Please see below and comments in the source.

      I suppose this is only for when preediting is used. It's a pity that the user
      has to set the 'imactivatekey' key manually. I suppose there is no way to set
      it automatically?

      Please try out the CTRL-^ command in the next version (Vim 6.0am). I have
      made it switch the IM on/off. Perhaps it can be combined with this patch?
      If the user leaves preediting on all time, CTRL_^ may be sufficient perhaps.
      He must be able to type CTRL-^ without switching of preediting then...

      47. You are so familiar with the WWW that you find the search engines useless.