Win32: dropping files on Vim doesn't activate

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
      I noticed that when dropping a file or shortcut on gvim, it doesn't get window
      focus. Checking the code, I noticed the s_need_activate variable. It's set,
      but since the file dropping is done in an event handler, the code that
      activates the window is not called until some key is pressed. That's too
      late.

      Why was this s_need_activate variable added? Can't the window be activated
      right away?

      --
      From "know your smileys":
      :-X My lips are sealed

    • Vince Negri
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2001
        > Bram Moolenaar [SMTP:Bram@...] wrote:
        >
        > Why was this s_need_activate variable added? Can't the window be
        activated
        > right away?

        Strange... I'm sure that the s_need_activate used to be checked _while_
        waiting for a key, so that the window got activated as one would expect. Has
        something changed in this area?

        Quick check.... yup, on 6.0q alpha (I had a binary lying around) the window
        does
        get activated when files are dropped on it. So it must have been broken
        since then.

        The reason, IIRC, for the flag is that sometimes trying to activate the
        window
        from within the event handler failed.... so it was postponed.

        Vince