Compiling vim6.0ah with free Borland C++ Compiler (+ Python inter face)

  • Nijs, Vincent
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      I think you are referring to a previous post of mine on vim@....

      The following command worked (and works) for me from the 'src' directory
      once you have unpacked the zip files:

      C:\progra~1\bcc55\bin\make /f make_c5.mak -DGUI=1 -DOLE=1

      This makes an ole-enabled gvim.exe. Also set BOR to the path of the Borland
      compiler (for me c:\progra~1\bcc55), but the BOR=... option given by Doug
      seems more elegant. I haven't had to use the link statement he suggested but
      maybe that depends how you have set things up.

      Could anyone give suggestions on how to compile gvim with the PYTHON
      interface using BCC55 ? Thanks

      Vincent
    • Dan Sharp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2001
        At 10:58 AM 6/1/2001 +0200, Nijs, Vincent wrote:

        >Could anyone give suggestions on how to compile gvim with the PYTHON
        >interface using BCC55 ? Thanks
        >
        >Vincent

        Hi, Vincent. Ideally, you would run the implib.exe utility on the
        pythonXX.dll to generate a .lib file the BCC compiler can understand, and
        then link it in with the objs, but I can't seem to get around some
        'unresolved symbol' errors (one for each of the python functions used), so
        I am apparently still doing something wrong. I don't have the Makefile
        around anymore, but I should be able to rebuild it pretty easily. If I get
        some time later, I will try to do that and send it to you and anyone else
        who may be interested. Maybe someone can figure out what I am doing wrong.

        Dan Sharp