Re: [Vim-6.0af] getchar() expands mappings

    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2001
      Adam Seyfarth wrote:

      > May I cut in? I would want a way for mappings if I were
      > you, just to be safe. How about making a:
      >
      > getmchar()
      >
      > that would work the way ``getchar()'' works now?

      One problem I can think of is that there could be ambiguous mappings, which
      require you to type another character, or wait for a timeout. And what if the
      mapping results in several characters? This quickly leads to problems that
      require even more arguments.

      I think it's better to keep it simple, and just let getchar() get one key
      stroke. And let's not try to think up what would be nice to add, the todo
      list is long enough already!

      47. You are so familiar with the WWW that you find the search engines useless.