RE: Vim version 5.8 has been released

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 11:32 AM
      >> Suggested locations:
      >>
      >> ftp://ftp.<country>.vim.org/pub/vim/
      >> ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/
      >>
      >> Replace <country> with a country code, e.g.:
      >>
      >> ftp://ftp.us.vim.org/pub/vim/
      >
      >liar. I went to the site ^^^ up there. I saw no pc/vim58*

      ^^^^

      Adam/Fortuna:
      > | beware of my geekyness/godlyness! |
      ^^^^^^^^^
      Perhaps in your exalted state you are unaware that being rude to members of
      this list is seriously discouraged. Perhaps you meant to say that you did
      not find the binary where it was advertised as being, and would like to know
      where it is? Try again; that second site is AFAIK a mirror and may take
      some time to be updated.

      >not ANYTHING for MS-DOS.
      > I will be *extatic* if I can get any vim...but I would like
      >5.8 or
      >6.0ah. Where is it? I will continue to look...........

      If you would go to the main vim ftp site (ftp.vim.org), you will be able to
      download the sources and build it yourself, or if you ask nicely perhaps
      someone on this list will provide a precompiled DOS 6.0ah.

      Ron