Re: [Vim-6.0af] E432: Tags file not sorted

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2001
      Ralf Arens wrote:

      > I just compiled and installed vim-6.0ah, now it works fine. I compared
      > the files docs/tags of 6.0af and 6.0ah but couldn't find any significant
      > differences. Is there an explanation for this?

      I can think of two reasons:

      - The language environment makes the sorting work different. I wouldn't
      expect this, since Vim does its best to work in any environment and uses
      byte-order sorting.

      - A LF versus CR-LF problem. Check if you see [dos] when editing one of the
      files.

      --
      Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people
      appear bright until you hear them speak