Re: [5.7.030] Question about "set titlestring" [patch]

    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2001
      Peter Fales wrote:

      > Where does the default titlestring come from? Is it possible that you
      > have a "set titlestring" either in your personal .vimrc or the system-wide
      > file? We have a system-wide file that has slowly evolved over time. As
      > near as I can tell, there is no 'standard' file that is provided with
      > vim. Ours is partly based on the vimrc_example file, but that file doesn't
      > include a set titlestring. If it works for you and it's not coming
      > from the vimrc file, then it must be getting set in the code. However, it's
      > not obvious to me where this happens. Do you know?

      When 'titlestring' is empty, Vim uses a default way to make the title.

      > I ran my test using both (real) xterm and rxvt. Both behave the same
      > way. When vim is started, the window title is not changed. But, as soon
      > as I do "set title" the label turns blank (unless I also do a "set
      > titlestring")

      I don't know what I did last time, but now I can reproduce the problem.
      It's a simple bug in maketitle(). This patch should fix it:

      *** buffer.c~ Tue Apr 24 10:16:54 2001
      --- buffer.c Wed May 2 11:11:37 2001
      ***************
      *** 2041,2046 ****
      --- 2041,2047 ----
      t_str += STRLEN(t_str);
      }
      *t_str = NUL;
      + t_str = buf;
      }
      }
      mustset = ti_change(t_str, &lasttitle);

      35. Your husband tells you he's had the beard for 2 months.