Re: Utterly bizarre crash when using vim -O

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      At 05:06 PM 5/1/2001 +0100, Vince Negri wrote:
      >I'm hoping someone can reproduce this..

      I can reproduce it on Win2k SP1 with MS VC++6 SP5. I did "nmake -f
      Make_mvc.mak" on pristine sources and ran

      vim -O foo1.c foo1.c.orig

      in an 80x50 command prompt and got an application exception. Same for
      -o. I did an

      echo syn on > \vim\_vimrc

      and reran both commands, and it started up fine. I then did

      echo. > \vim\_vimrc

      and reran both commands and both caused the crash. Unfortunately, hitting
      "Cancel" to debug the application doesn't do anything, so I haven't been
      able to look in the debugger at it.

      Dan Sharp