keymap menu items ...

  • Ron Aaron
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      Hi all --

      I notice that the Edit|Keymap... menu shows all the keymap items. This is
      more information than we probably want to show. Why? Look at the options:

      hebrew
      hebrew_cp1255
      hebrew_iso-8859-8
      hebrew_utf-8
      ... etc ...

      I believe that we should only show the base name, e.g. the part before the
      first '_' character, since using the command e.g.:

      :set keymap=hebrew

      will automatically choose the correct mapping for the current encoding. It
      would be wrong and confusing to allow someone to use the utf-8 keymap for
      instance, when he was editing cp1255 text (for example).

      Best regards,
      Ron

      --
      "VINE is not PINE"
      get it from: http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/vine.html
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2001
        Ron Aaron wrote:

        > I notice that the Edit|Keymap... menu shows all the keymap items. This is
        > more information than we probably want to show. Why? Look at the options:
        >
        > hebrew
        > hebrew_cp1255
        > hebrew_iso-8859-8
        > hebrew_utf-8
        >
        > I believe that we should only show the base name, e.g. the part before the
        > first '_' character, since using the command e.g.:
        >
        > :set keymap=hebrew
        >
        > will automatically choose the correct mapping for the current encoding. It
        > would be wrong and confusing to allow someone to use the utf-8 keymap for
        > instance, when he was editing cp1255 text (for example).

        Right, the part after the "_" should be removed. I'll do that.

        27. You refer to your age as 3.x.