Re: vim6.0ad more po patches

  • Matt Dunford
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2001
      * Matt Dunford <zoot@...> [010430 16:31]:
      > * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [010430 07:21]:
      > >
      > > [...] *snip*
      > >
      > > Added IDs to many error messages. They are also present as tags in the
      > > on-line help. Makes it easier to find the relevant explanation in the docs.
      > >
      > > [...] *snip*
      > >

      > I've added the IDs to the error messages in po/de.po. Here's a patch.

      I've applied the script I used to convert the german po file to the
      other po files. I've attached the diffs for each of them and have Cc'd
      each of the maintainers for review. Hope it helps. Here's the script I
      used:

      #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
      # run this script in the po/ directory
      # example: perl script.pl it.po.orig it.po

      $pofile = shift; # get 1st commandline arg
      $outfile = shift; # get 2nd commandline arg

      @array = (); $i=0;
      open(IN,"../globals.h");
      while (<IN>) # extract changed error messages
      {
      chomp;
      if (!/\(e..\)/) {next}
      s/^[^"]+//;
      s/\)\);$//;

      $p2 = $_;
      s/\(e..\) //; # chop off the (e..) part
      $p1 = $_;
      $array[$i++] = "$p1 $p2"; # add both for storage
      }
      close IN;

      open(PO,$pofile);
      @lines = <PO>; $i = 0;
      while($i < $#lines)
      {
      foreach $pair (@array)
      {
      # extract the two parts
      $pair =~ /^(.*)\t(.*)$/;
      $p1 = $1; $p2 = $2;

      # escape anything that will conflict w/ our regex
      $p1 =~ s![\[\]?)(.\\]!\\$&!g;

      # extract the error number
      $p2 =~ /(\(e..\) )/;
      $err = $1;

      if ($lines[$i] =~ s/$p1/$p2/)
      {
      # if substitute is successful
      # get the next line and add err number to translation
      $lines[++$i] =~ s/^msgstr "/$&$err/;
      last; # break out of loop
      }
      }
      $i++;
      }
      close PO;

      open(OUT,">$outfile");
      foreach (@lines) {print OUT}
      close OUT;
      Message 2 of 12 , May 1, 2001
        Marius Gedminas wrote:

        > On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:40:54PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > I forgot to include the files in the archive. Sorry! I'll add them below.
        > > Perhaps someone can make the "midnight" and "noon" schemes. :-)
        > [...]
        > > runtime/colors/morning.vim:
        > > runtime/colors/evening.vim:
        >
        > What about runtime/colors/default.vim in case the user doesn't like these
        > schemes and wants to go back? Or wants to copy it and make small
        > changes for her own color scheme.

        Good point. I'll make a default.vim.

        18. Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she
        looks like.

      • Nazri Ramliy
        Message 3 of 12 , May 2, 2001
          On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 10:50:14PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > major changes
          > -------------
          >
          > support for loading a color scheme. added the ":colorscheme" command.
          > automatically add menu entries for available schemes.
          > should now properly reset the colors when 'background' or 't_co' is changed.

          Having wildchar=<Tab>
          and doing

          :colo $VIM/<tab>

          Doesn't seem to do the completion as I'd expect it to.
          (:so $VIM/<tab> works fine, that is, it expands $VIM to /usr/share/vim/vim60ad)

          --
          Nazri
        • Nazri Ramliy
          Message 4 of 12 , May 2, 2001
            On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 09:52:03PM +0800, Nazri Ramliy wrote:
            > Having wildchar=<Tab>
            > and doing
            >
            > :colo $VIM/<tab>
            >
            > Doesn't seem to do the completion as I'd expect it to.
            > (:so $VIM/<tab> works fine, that is, it expands $VIM to /usr/share/vim/vim60ad)

            Ignore this message, I should read :he colorscheme better next time ;)