Re: :colorscheme bug

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2001
      Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

      > The docs for :colorscheme says that it should set the colors_name variable.
      > It does not. Here's a patch:

      Actually, the script is supposed to set the name. You couldn't see that,
      because I didn't include the example scripts. The advantage of the script
      setting the name is that there can be a slight difference between the file
      name and the actual name of the color scheme (upper/lower case, long file
      name). And you can see in the script what the name is (in case the file got
      renamed).

      --
      A salesperson says: translation:
      "backward compatible" Old technology

    • Thomas Köhler
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2001
        On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 01:40:54PM +0200,
        Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
        > Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
        >
        > > The docs for :colorscheme says that it should set the colors_name variable.
        > > It does not. Here's a patch:
        >
        > Actually, the script is supposed to set the name. You couldn't see that,
        > because I didn't include the example scripts. The advantage of the script
        > setting the name is that there can be a slight difference between the file
        > name and the actual name of the color scheme (upper/lower case, long file
        > name). And you can see in the script what the name is (in case the file got
        > renamed).

        So in case the script doesn't set the name, let vim decide the name (for
        example based on the filename ;-)
        Best of both worlds? :-)

        Ciao,
        Thomas