Re: [vimdev] [off-topic] share your vim abuses!

  • Benoit Cerrina
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2001
      Don't know if you count it as an abuse:
      I really like the quickfix feature but it only works with grep and make,
      therefore I made up a bunch of functions which change the makeprg, shellpipe
      and efm
      to feat a bunch of other needs like parsing the output of TogetherJ audit (a
      module in
      TogetherJ UML tool to verify that some code abides a set of coding
      standards).
      I'm working on one to parse the stack trace of a java exception.

      fun BenCheckSource()
      let oldPipe=&shellpipe
      let oldMakePrg=&makeprg
      let oldEfm=&efm
      let &efm='%f %l%m'
      let &makeprg='sed -e "s/^\\/' . escape(g:project, '\\') . '\\/"
      Output\audit.txt ' . g:project . '\\Output\\audit.txt'
      :mak
      let &shellpipe=oldPipe
      let &makeprg=oldMakePrg
      let &efm=oldEfm