Re: Is this a bug in vim60z? [patch]

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 3:00 AM
      [redirected to the vim-dev list, since this is about Vim 6.0]

      Pritesh Mistry wrote:

      > I have no doubt that Vim is magic. And I finally transitioned into the
      > latest version successfully & happily. I had been waiting to do that since
      > quite some time now.

      Arthur C. Clarke

      > But, may be a small bug over here. I had it consistently reproducible. This
      > is with Ron Aaron's latest binary for vim60z on Win2K as well as with those
      > I compiled with make_gvc.mak & make_mvc.mak in the src.
      [...]
      > And, then those lines look like this:
      >
      > struct LINE {
      > - char cell[22];
      > } Line;
      >
      > Now, if I 'V' the three lines & 'zc' or 'zC', the cursor moves to be
      > beginning of the visual marking without removing the highlighting, and the
      > lines don't fold up at the '-'. And, neither escaping nor moving the cursor
      > removes the visual highlighting. And, scrolling through the file scrolls the
      > highlighting as well until it scrolls off the screen.

      It seems this always happens when closing a fold that's only one line, or not
      bigger than 'foldminlines'. This patch should fix it:

      *** fold.c~ Mon Apr 2 16:03:44 2001
      --- fold.c Tue Apr 3 11:40:11 2001
      ***************
      *** 415,428 ****
      (void)hasFolding(lnum, NULL, &lnum_next);
      }
      if (done == DONE_NOTHING)
      - {
      EMSG(_(e_nofold));
      #ifdef FEAT_VISUAL
      ! /* Force a redraw to remove the Visual highlighting. */
      ! if (had_visual)
      ! redraw_curbuf_later(INVERTED);
      #endif
      - }
      }

      /* openFold() {{{2 */
      --- 415,426 ----

      --
      Engineers are always delighted to share wisdom, even in areas in which they
      have no experience whatsoever. Their logic provides them with inherent