Re: [OT] DocBook tools on Win32?

  • Michael Piefel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2001
      On 3/04/01 at 10:56:10, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Bringing this into relation with Vim: I have been wondering if the on-line
      > help should be written in Docbook. That would allow it to be converted into
      > various formats with existing tools. Except that for producing the on-line
      > help text a new filter would be required.

      The idea does not sound bad - but you should consider that DocBook
      really is quite huge. You will most probably want to specify a heavily
      reduced subset of the specification.

      Also remember that writing DocBook with non-specialized tools can be
      quite cumbersome. I do it with Vim, of course, but SGML (or rather XML,
      which is, I think, the now-preferred format) can be wordy. Think of:

      fnamemodify({fname}, {mods})

      vs.

      </funcprototype>

      Bye,