exporer script

  • Denis Perelyubskiy
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
      hello,

      i havent been paying much attention to Explore script, and i
      just tried it and it turned out amazingly easy and usefull
      and actually usable :) ... thanks for the script

      I had one question though: when I start ":Explore" and then
      type '-' to go up one level, i am taken to an empty window
      (with the status line giving me the directory which in fact
      is one level up). If i then again type ":Explore" I am taken
      to the listing.

      Is this an expected behavior? Do I have an older version of
      the script? (I have version 2.3)

      thanks,

      denis

      --
      /*
      * Denis Perelyubskiy
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
        That's strange. Although 2.3 is slightly behind the cutting edge, I
        just tried it and it seemed to work fine. The latest version of vim
        (vim 6.0z) has explorer version 2.4 (though I see I didn't update the
        header to actually SAY 2.4) It seems to work fine for this sequence
        of commands also. I'm trying it on linux. Perhaps more information
        about your platform and vim version would help.

        On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:

        > Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
        > From: Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...>
        > To: vim-dev@...
        > Subject: exporer script
        >
        > hello,
        >
        > i havent been paying much attention to Explore script, and i
        > just tried it and it turned out amazingly easy and usefull
        > and actually usable :) ... thanks for the script
        >
        > I had one question though: when I start ":Explore" and then
        > type '-' to go up one level, i am taken to an empty window
        > (with the status line giving me the directory which in fact
        > is one level up). If i then again type ":Explore" I am taken
        > to the listing.
        >
        > Is this an expected behavior? Do I have an older version of
        > the script? (I have version 2.3)
        >
        > thanks,
        >
        > denis
        >
        > --
        > /*
        > * Denis Perelyubskiy
        > * mailto:denisp@...
        > */

        Mark Waggoner waggoner@... (503) 712-3335
        Like "Constantinople" and "Timbuktu"
      • Denis Perelyubskiy
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
          hello,

          sorry i should've mentioned this the first time around.
          i am using vim 6.0w on win2k.

          denis

          ps. I also have cygwin installed, and my shell set to
          c:/cygwin/bin/bash.exe so, maybe that could have something
          to do with this?

          On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Mark Waggoner wrote:

          >That's strange. Although 2.3 is slightly behind the cutting edge, I
          >just tried it and it seemed to work fine. The latest version of vim
          >(vim 6.0z) has explorer version 2.4 (though I see I didn't update the
          >header to actually SAY 2.4) It seems to work fine for this sequence
          >of commands also. I'm trying it on linux. Perhaps more information
          >about your platform and vim version would help.
          >
          >On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:
          >
          >> Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:31:42 -0700 (PDT)
          >> From: Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...>
          >> To: vim-dev@...
          >> Subject: exporer script
          >>
          >> hello,
          >>
          >> i havent been paying much attention to Explore script, and i
          >> just tried it and it turned out amazingly easy and usefull
          >> and actually usable :) ... thanks for the script
          >>
          >> I had one question though: when I start ":Explore" and then
          >> type '-' to go up one level, i am taken to an empty window
          >> (with the status line giving me the directory which in fact
          >> is one level up). If i then again type ":Explore" I am taken
          >> to the listing.
          >>
          >> Is this an expected behavior? Do I have an older version of
          >> the script? (I have version 2.3)
          >>
          >> thanks,
          >>
          >> denis
          >>
          >> --
          >> /*
          >> * Denis Perelyubskiy
          >> * mailto:denisp@...
          >> */

          >Mark Waggoner waggoner@... (503) 712-3335
          > Like "Constantinople" and "Timbuktu"

          --
          /*
          * Denis Perelyubskiy
          * mailto:denisp@...
          */
        • Benoit Cerrina
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2001
            This is funny,
            I have the same configuration and all seems to work as expected.
            Benoit