printing

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2001
      hello all,
      guys a little bit of thought before I proceed.Console version
      doesn't support
      fonts. It appears that we have 2 options:-
      1) to have a gui to select font, something similar to
      wordpad's format-->font.
      2) something on lines with set guifont=..... as said by vince.
      what do you all prefer.
      thank you
      vipin
    • vipin aravind
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2001
        hello all,
        The printing code seems to be ready.
        Iam currently working on some printer settings for customization.
        Once that is over I will put the code on the list.
        vince had been helping a lot with testing and suggestions.
        I would like those interested to help me in testing the exe.
        thank you
        vipin
      • vipin aravind
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 9, 2001
          > hello,
          > I am trying to add a feature to the printinf stuff.
          > I want the handle to the edit window, we were using some hack to get
          the
          > console window handle.
          > Is there anything similar to that to get the the handle to the edit
          window?
          > The idea is to add a cool feature to the printing stuff but I need the
          edit
          > window handle.
          >
          > vipin

        • vipin aravind
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2001
            hi,
            I had tried doing this
            GetStdHandle(STD_HANDLE_OUT)
            and used the handle in sendmessage for some processing.

            ill luck here, says bad handle passed to GetLastError(...)
            This is on win32.
            any win32 expert help will be appreciated.

            vipin

            > > hello,
            > > I am trying to add a feature to the printinf
            stuff.
            > > I want the handle to the edit window, we were using some hack to get
            > the
            > > console window handle.
            > > Is there anything similar to that to get the the handle to the edit
            > window?
            > > The idea is to add a cool feature to the printing stuff but I need the
            > edit
            > > window handle.
            > >
            > > vipin

          • vipin aravind
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 10, 2001
              I guess not possible with vim. bad luck because I think I can't send
              messages to console buffer handle.
              Is it possible, I don't know.
              vipin

              > > hello,
              > > I am trying to add a feature to the printinf
              stuff.
              > > I want the handle to the edit window, we were using some hack to get
              > the
              > > console window handle.
              > > Is there anything similar to that to get the the handle to the edit
              > window?
              > > The idea is to add a cool feature to the printing stuff but I need the
              > edit
              > > window handle.
              > >
              > > vipin

            • Anduin Withers
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 10, 2001
                > I want the handle to the edit window, we were using some hack to get
                > the console window handle. Is there anything similar to that to get the
                > the handle to the edit window?

                I'm not sure I understand your question fully but: s_hwnd contains the
                "frame" window and s_textArea holds the "edit" window handle (win32 of
                course).

                --
                Anduin Withers
              • Anduin Withers
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 10, 2001
                  > I had tried doing this
                  > GetStdHandle(STD_HANDLE_OUT)
                  > and used the handle in sendmessage for some processing.
                  >
                  > ill luck here, says bad handle passed to GetLastError(...)
                  > This is on win32.
                  > any win32 expert help will be appreciated.

                  Crap, should have read further up before replying to your last message.

                  GetStdHandle returns a handle suitable for performing I/O operations (read,
                  write, and a few other things depending on which handle you grabbed). This
                  is not a window handle (and so you get the error).

                  I think I already answered your question in my last e-mail to the list. If
                  you want you can try bouncing some of this off me directly rather than
                  cluttering the list.

                  Just a general note on console applications, they aren't message driven, at
                  least from a developer point of view. You can send messages to the window
                  handle you get but vim will never see them (nor does it even try).

                  --
                  Anduin Withers