Re: SEGV on command-line

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2001
      Andrew Rodionoff wrote:

      > BM> We probably require a new set of character test functions that don't
      > BM> change with the locale. I have always found this very confusing...
      > I suppose you don't want to ruin all i18n capabilities? There are too many
      > editor functions that rely on locale-correct upper/lower & alpha/digit
      > character tests.

      In many places Vim really only wants to accept ASCII a-z and A-Z. In function
      names for example. In the case of the Ex commands a table of 26 entries is
      used, you can imagine this goes wrong when using a non-ASCII character.

      > BM> We could use isalpha() && isascii() but that won't work for EBCDIC.
      > Why not? I guess isascii() will work as long as 8th bit is not involved.

      Alphabetic EBCDIC characters do have the 8th bit set.

      --
      ALL: A witch! A witch!
      WITCH: It's a fair cop.