vim 60w and uninitialized variables

  • J. David Boyd
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2001
      Good morning everyone.

      I use the align.vim script written by Johannes Zellner quite a bit, and it has worked fine until vim60w.

      For those not familiar with it, one of the default keymappings with it, \a, asks you for a delimiter, then aligns the text around the stated delimiter.

      After 60w, when running align for the first time after loading vim, the delimiter prompt is filled in with garbage.
      Subsequent uses are fine.

      Did something change in 60w that no longer pre-initializes string variables to null, or have I just been lucky all this time?

      Dave
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2001
        > "J. David Boyd" wrote:
        >
        > Good morning everyone.
        >
        > I use the align.vim script written by Johannes Zellner quite a bit, and
        > it has worked fine until vim60w.
        >
        > For those not familiar with it, one of the default keymappings with it,
        > \a, asks you for a delimiter, then aligns the text around the stated
        > delimiter.
        >
        > After 60w, when running align for the first time after loading vim, the
        > delimiter prompt is filled in with garbage.
        > Subsequent uses are fine.
        >
        > Did something change in 60w that no longer pre-initializes string
        > variables to null, or have I just been lucky all this time?
        >
        > Dave

        Without looking at the script, I can make a quick guess: this is
        caused by the bug in prompt(). I think the bug crept in when a default
        value was added to prompt(), and a patch was already sent to the list.

        HTH --Benji Fisher