Re: when compiled without keymap

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      Alexey Marinichev wrote:

      > When compiled without keymap, should vim complain if I try to set
      > 'keymap' option? Right now it silently ignores it.

      That's what happens for all options which are not supported. This avoids that
      when you are running a vim with less features you won't get a long list of
      errors from your .vimrc.

      When do try to get the value of 'keymap' you will not get it. Perhaps it
      should give a message "not supported" then?

      --
      A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

    • Alexey Marinichev
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
        On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 01:00:40PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Alexey Marinichev wrote:
        >
        > > When compiled without keymap, should vim complain if I try to set
        > > 'keymap' option? Right now it silently ignores it.
        >
        > That's what happens for all options which are not supported. This avoids that
        > when you are running a vim with less features you won't get a long list of
        > errors from your .vimrc.
        >
        > When do try to get the value of 'keymap' you will not get it. Perhaps it
        > should give a message "not supported" then?

        That's a good idea, I think. It takes some effort to realize the
        feature is not compiled in. I think there's nothing wrong with getting
        a long list of errors, as long as errors are clear, like: "feature XXX
        is not compiled in".

        --Lyosha