when compiled without keymap

  • Alexey Marinichev
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2001
      When compiled without keymap, should vim complain if I try to set
      'keymap' option? Right now it silently ignores it.

      --Lyosha
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
        Alexey Marinichev wrote:

        > When compiled without keymap, should vim complain if I try to set
        > 'keymap' option? Right now it silently ignores it.

        That's what happens for all options which are not supported. This avoids that
        when you are running a vim with less features you won't get a long list of
        errors from your .vimrc.

        When do try to get the value of 'keymap' you will not get it. Perhaps it
        should give a message "not supported" then?

        --
        A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

      • Alexey Marinichev
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
          On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 01:00:40PM +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

          > Alexey Marinichev wrote:
          >
          > > When compiled without keymap, should vim complain if I try to set
          > > 'keymap' option? Right now it silently ignores it.
          >
          > That's what happens for all options which are not supported. This avoids that
          > when you are running a vim with less features you won't get a long list of
          > errors from your .vimrc.
          >
          > When do try to get the value of 'keymap' you will not get it. Perhaps it
          > should give a message "not supported" then?

          That's a good idea, I think. It takes some effort to realize the
          feature is not compiled in. I think there's nothing wrong with getting
          a long list of errors, as long as errors are clear, like: "feature XXX
          is not compiled in".

          --Lyosha