Re: Overriding default highlight colors

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      Mike Williams wrote:

      > I'm slowly moving over from 5.7 to 6.0? and have hit a slight
      > problem. Using 'syntax on' resets the default highlight colors. The
      > only way I have found so far to easily keep my higlighting colors is
      > to keep on using the mysyntaxfile variable. However, the docs say it
      > is now only supported for backward compatability with 5.x. So what
      > is the 6.0 way of overriding the default highlighting?

      Sorry, I forgot to change the highlight commands that define the default
      colors to skip this when a color is already defined. I'll do that now.

      Note that there is one side effect: Previously you could do this to reset the
      colors to their default:

      :syntax off
      :syntax on

      Since the new way is to keep colors that are already defined that won't work
      anymore. Does this matter? Perhaps this will be fixed by implementing the
      todo item for color schemes.

      --
      A day without sunshine is like, well, night.