Re: broken build

  • vipin aravind
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
      I ran vcvars32, am using vc++6.00 and WINDOWSNT4.0 (service pack 6.0)
      vipin
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2001
        craig,
        U found out correctly, its debug build, I had put on the mailing list
        to get an answer and nobody did, but u gave it correctly,
        I was able to hardcode the -DWIN32 and was able to get thru the compilation
        stage couple of hrs ago, u'r mail came a bit late.
        I had put it on the mailing list so that I don't had to go thru the mailing
        list
        But linking is failing

        LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "LIBC" conflicts with use of other libs;
        use
        /NODEFAULTLIB:library
        edit.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vim_strnicmp
        ex_getln.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _hkmap
        normal.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _hkmap
        option.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _buflist_slash_adjust
        os_win32.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
        __imp__GetUserNameA@8
        vimd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
        Stop.

        The above problems answer is there in u'r mail.
        I WISH THIS REPORT BY CRAIG SHOULD BE TAKEN AS A PATCH FOR MAKEFILES.
        thanks
        vipin

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2001
          Craig Barkhouse wrote:

          > It also built fine for me on Win2K without having to modify any files.
          > WIN32 does get defined for me. This is because in Make_mvc.mak, CFLAGS is
          > initialized to include $(CVARS). Just a bit earlier, CVARS was set to
          > either $(cvars), or $(cvarsmt) for multithreaded, or $(cvarsd) whenever
          > DEBUG is defined. It gets these from win32.mak which is !included. The
          > problem is that $(cvarsd) does not exist, at least in my win32.mak (VC++ 6,
          > SP4). Vipin is trying to compile the debug version.
          >
          > There is a similar problem with CON_LIB. When compiling the debug version,
          > it gets set to $(conlibsd) or $(conlibsdlld). On my system, neither of
          > these exist in win32.mak.
          >
          > Attached is a new Make_mvc.mak that I've tested using debug/non-debug and
          > GUI/console (a total of four combinations). Below are the diffs.

          Looks OK to me. I'll include this, unless someone has a problem with that.

          34. You laugh at people with 14400 baud modems.