Overriding default highlight colors

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hi,

      I'm slowly moving over from 5.7 to 6.0? and have hit a slight
      problem. Using 'syntax on' resets the default highlight colors. The
      only way I have found so far to easily keep my higlighting colors is
      to keep on using the mysyntaxfile variable. However, the docs say it
      is now only supported for backward compatability with 5.x. So what
      is the 6.0 way of overriding the default highlighting?

      TTFN

      Mike
      --
      Que sera, seesaw: What will be, will go up and down.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
        Mike Williams wrote:

        > I'm slowly moving over from 5.7 to 6.0? and have hit a slight
        > problem. Using 'syntax on' resets the default highlight colors. The
        > only way I have found so far to easily keep my higlighting colors is
        > to keep on using the mysyntaxfile variable. However, the docs say it
        > is now only supported for backward compatability with 5.x. So what
        > is the 6.0 way of overriding the default highlighting?

        Sorry, I forgot to change the highlight commands that define the default
        colors to skip this when a color is already defined. I'll do that now.

        Note that there is one side effect: Previously you could do this to reset the
        colors to their default:

        :syntax off
        :syntax on

        Since the new way is to keep colors that are already defined that won't work
        anymore. Does this matter? Perhaps this will be fixed by implementing the
        todo item for color schemes.

        --
        A day without sunshine is like, well, night.