RE: Folding bug. (6.0w, win2k)

  • Moore, Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
      From: Mark Brophy [mailto:mbrophy@...]
      > I've noticed a bug using gvim 6.0w under windows.
      > You can reproduce it the following way.
      >
      > start gvim with an empty window.
      >
      > insert a few lines of text, select it
      > and hit zf to fold it. Then click with the mouse,
      > just below the fold (and off the text, in the ~'s area).
      >
      > You should get lots of errors/Hit Return prompts.

      I can't reperoduce this (gvim 6.0w on Windows 2000, compiled myself with
      MSVC). Can you be a little more specific in what you did?

      Paul.
    • Moore, Paul
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
        From: Mark Brophy [mailto:mbrophy@...]
        > "Moore, Paul" wrote:
        > >
        > > From: Mark Brophy [mailto:mbrophy@...]
        > > > I've noticed a bug using gvim 6.0w under windows.
        > > > You can reproduce it the following way.
        > > >
        > > > start gvim with an empty window.
        > > >
        > > > insert a few lines of text, select it
        > > > and hit zf to fold it. Then click with the mouse,
        > > > just below the fold (and off the text, in the ~'s area).
        > > >
        > > > You should get lots of errors/Hit Return prompts.
        > >
        > > I can't reperoduce this (gvim 6.0w on Windows 2000,
        > compiled myself with
        > > MSVC). Can you be a little more specific in what you did?
        > >
        > > Paul.
        >
        > Ok, I just tried it without my vimrc, and it still
        > happens. I only have the standard plugins distributed with
        > 6.0.
        >
        > Start gvim.
        > itest<return>test<ESC>Vkzf
        >
        > Now, click on any ~ line with the left mouse button.
        > You should get an error message (more messages the
        > further down you click), and the cursor will be where you
        > clicked (outside the text).

        Right. I get it now, with gvim -u NONE. I don't get it with my vimrc.

        Trimming it down, it's the nowrap option.

        gvim -u NONE -U NONE gives the problem
        gvim -u NONE -U NONE -c "set nowrap" does not.

        Not that I know how to fix it, of course...

        Paul.
      • Mark Brophy
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
          I've noticed a bug using gvim 6.0w under windows.
          You can reproduce it the following way.

          start gvim with an empty window.

          insert a few lines of text, select it
          and hit zf to fold it. Then click with the mouse,
          just below the fold (and off the text, in the ~'s area).

          You should get lots of errors/Hit Return prompts.

          Mark Brophy.
        • Mark Brophy
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
            "Moore, Paul" wrote:

            > From: Mark Brophy [mailto:mbrophy@...]
            > > I've noticed a bug using gvim 6.0w under windows.
            > > You can reproduce it the following way.
            > >
            > > start gvim with an empty window.
            > >
            > > insert a few lines of text, select it
            > > and hit zf to fold it. Then click with the mouse,
            > > just below the fold (and off the text, in the ~'s area).
            > >
            > > You should get lots of errors/Hit Return prompts.
            >
            > I can't reperoduce this (gvim 6.0w on Windows 2000, compiled myself with
            > MSVC). Can you be a little more specific in what you did?
            >
            > Paul.

            Ok, I just tried it without my vimrc, and it still
            happens. I only have the standard plugins distributed with
            6.0.

            Start gvim.
            itest<return>test<ESC>Vkzf

            Now, click on any ~ line with the left mouse button.
            You should get an error message (more messages the
            further down you click), and the cursor will be where you
            clicked (outside the text).

            Mark Brophy

            VIM - Vi IMproved 6.0w ALPHA (2001 Feb 24, compiled Feb 26 2001
            09:08:36)
            MS-Windows 16/32 bit GUI version
            Big version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
            +autocmd -balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
            +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv -cscope
            +dialog_gui +digraphs -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search
            +farsi
            +file_in_path -osfiletype +find_in_path +folding -footer -gettext
            -hangul_input
            +insert_expand +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent
            +listcmds
            +localmap +keymap +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape
            +multi_byte
            +multi_lang -ole +path_extra +perl +python +quickfix +rightleft -ruby
            +scrollbind -signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax
            +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl -tgetent -termresponse
            +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit
            +visual
            +visualextra +viminfo +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup
            -xfontset
            -xim -xterm_save
            system vimrc file: "$VIM\vimrc"
            user vimrc file: "$HOME\_vimrc"
            2nd user vimrc file: "$VIM\_vimrc"
            user exrc file: "$HOME\_exrc"
            2nd user exrc file: "$VIM\_exrc"
            system gvimrc file: "$VIM\gvimrc"
            user gvimrc file: "$HOME\_gvimrc"
            2nd user gvimrc file: "$VIM\_gvimrc"
            system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME\menu.vim"
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2001
              Mark Brophy wrote:

              > I've noticed a bug using gvim 6.0w under windows.
              > You can reproduce it the following way.
              >
              > start gvim with an empty window.
              >
              > insert a few lines of text, select it
              > and hit zf to fold it. Then click with the mouse,
              > just below the fold (and off the text, in the ~'s area).
              >
              > You should get lots of errors/Hit Return prompts.

              I see it on Unix too. This patch should fix it:

              *** ui.c.orig Fri Feb 23 22:50:24 2001
              --- ui.c Thu Mar 1 16:25:04 2001
              ***************
              *** 2041,2047 ****
              break;
              first = FALSE;
              #ifdef FEAT_FOLDING
              ! hasFolding(curwin->w_topline, NULL, &curwin->w_topline);
              #endif
              }
              redraw_later(VALID);
              --- 2041,2049 ----
              break;
              first = FALSE;
              #ifdef FEAT_FOLDING
              ! if (hasFolding(curwin->w_topline, NULL, &curwin->w_topline)
              ! && curwin->w_topline == curbuf->b_ml.ml_line_count)
              ! break;
              #endif
              }
              redraw_later(VALID);
              ***************
              *** 2163,2177 ****
              col += curwin->w_skipcol;
              break;
              }
              if (lnum == curbuf->b_ml.ml_line_count)
              {
              retval = TRUE;
              break; /* past end of file */
              }
              row -= count;
              - #ifdef FEAT_FOLDING
              - (void)hasFolding(lnum, NULL, &lnum);
              - #endif
              ++lnum;
              }
              }
              --- 2165,2179 ----
              col += curwin->w_skipcol;
              break;
              }
              + #ifdef FEAT_FOLDING
              + (void)hasFolding(lnum, NULL, &lnum);
              + #endif
              if (lnum == curbuf->b_ml.ml_line_count)
              {
              retval = TRUE;
              break; /* past end of file */
              }
              row -= count;
              ++lnum;
              }
              }

              37. You start looking for hot HTML addresses in public restrooms.