vim 6.0w crash in HP-UX 10.20

  • sami.j.salonen@nokia.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      Hi,

      After starting vim with vim -u NONE I get a core dump by
      :call input("foo")

      Input and call functions seem to work properly if I use them in sensible
      contexts, e.g.
      :let myvar = input("foo")
      is ok.

      This happens only with version 6.0w, at least 6.0v is ok.
      I run vim in HP-UX 10.20 - I compiled vim with c89 and gcc, and vim crashed
      in both cases.

      Best regards,
      Sami Salonen

      P.S Here is the output of :version (from version compiled with gcc)

      VIM - Vi IMproved 6.0w ALPHA (2001 Feb 24, compiled Mar 1 2001 10:11:32)
      Compiled by samsalon@ouh36
      Normal version with X11-Motif GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +autocmd -balloon_eval +browse +builtin_terms +byte_offset -cde_colors
      +cindent
      +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv -cscope
      +dialog_con_gui +digraphs -ebcdic -emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search
      -farsi +file_in_path -osfiletype +find_in_path +folding -footer +fork()
      -gettext -hangul_input +insert_expand -keymap -langmap +libcall +linebreak
      +lispindent +listcmds +localmap -keymap +menu +mksession +modify_fname
      +mouse
      +mouseshape -mouse_dec -mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm -mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm
      -multi_byte +multi_lang +path_extra -perl -python +quickfix -rightleft -ruby
      +scrollbind -signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax
      +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +terminfo +termresponse
      +textobjects +title -toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual
      +visualextra +viminfo +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup +X11
      +xfontset +xim +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/disks/ouusers0/samsalon/share/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF
      -I/usr/dt/incl
      ude -O -Wall -I/usr/include/X11R5
      Linking: gcc -L/usr/dt/lib -L/usr/lib/X11R5 -L/usr/local/lib -o vim -lXext
      -lX
      m -lXp -lXt -lX11 -ltermlib
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
        sami.j.salonen@... wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > After starting vim with vim -u NONE I get a core dump by
        > :call input("foo")
        >
        > Input and call functions seem to work properly if I use them in sensible
        > contexts, e.g.
        > :let myvar = input("foo")
        > is ok.
        >
        > This happens only with version 6.0w, at least 6.0v is ok.
        > I run vim in HP-UX 10.20 - I compiled vim with c89 and gcc, and vim crashed
        > in both cases.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Sami Salonen
        >
        > P.S Here is the output of :version (from version compiled with gcc)
        [snip]

        I think this bug was already reported, and a patch posted. I think
        the problem crept in when input() was changed to allow a default. Check
        the archives of this mailing list.

        HTH --Benji Fisher