Re: word wise selection

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2001
      Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > >
      > > Raul Segura wrote:
      > >
      > > > word-wise selection is not working properly.
      > > >
      > > > doble click selects the word under the cursor, but then draging the mouse
      > > > makes the selection character-wise, with vim 5.7 the selection is always
      > > > word-wise while draging the mouse.
      > >
      > > I don't see it working wordwise in Vim 5.7 either. You need to double-click
      > > the right button extend by a word. There is no word-wise mode (I have been
      > > annoyed by applications that do select by words and not allow you to select by
      > > character when you want to).
      >
      > I also see a change from 5.7 to 6.0v, on W95. In gvim 5.7,
      > double-clicking the left mouse selects a word. Double-clicking and then
      > dragging selects additional words. In gvim 6.0v, I get additional
      > characters. In both versions, I have 'mouse' set to a and 'mousemodel'
      > set to extend. Are there any other options I should check?

      Oh, wait. I was trying a double click and then dragging or clicking with the
      right mouse button. If you click and then click-drag I can see the
      difference. I suppose the wordwise selection should work like in 5.7 then.
      I'll find out if that can be fixed.

      16. You step out of your room and realize that your parents have moved and
      you don't have a clue when it happened.