Re: word wise selection

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28 4:41 AM
      Raul Segura wrote:

      > word-wise selection is not working properly.
      >
      > doble click selects the word under the cursor, but then draging the mouse
      > makes the selection character-wise, with vim 5.7 the selection is always
      > word-wise while draging the mouse.

      I don't see it working wordwise in Vim 5.7 either. You need to double-click
      the right button extend by a word. There is no word-wise mode (I have been
      annoyed by applications that do select by words and not allow you to select by
      character when you want to).

      1. You actually wore a blue ribbon to protest the Communications Decency Act.

    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28 5:49 AM
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Raul Segura wrote:
        >
        > > word-wise selection is not working properly.
        > >
        > > doble click selects the word under the cursor, but then draging the mouse
        > > makes the selection character-wise, with vim 5.7 the selection is always
        > > word-wise while draging the mouse.
        >
        > I don't see it working wordwise in Vim 5.7 either. You need to double-click
        > the right button extend by a word. There is no word-wise mode (I have been
        > annoyed by applications that do select by words and not allow you to select by
        > character when you want to).

        I also see a change from 5.7 to 6.0v, on W95. In gvim 5.7,
        double-clicking the left mouse selects a word. Double-clicking and then
        dragging selects additional words. In gvim 6.0v, I get additional
        characters. In both versions, I have 'mouse' set to a and 'mousemodel'
        set to extend. Are there any other options I should check?

        --Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28 8:24 AM
          Benji Fisher wrote:

          > Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > >
          > > Raul Segura wrote:
          > >
          > > > word-wise selection is not working properly.
          > > >
          > > > doble click selects the word under the cursor, but then draging the mouse
          > > > makes the selection character-wise, with vim 5.7 the selection is always
          > > > word-wise while draging the mouse.
          > >
          > > I don't see it working wordwise in Vim 5.7 either. You need to double-click
          > > the right button extend by a word. There is no word-wise mode (I have been
          > > annoyed by applications that do select by words and not allow you to select by
          > > character when you want to).
          >
          > I also see a change from 5.7 to 6.0v, on W95. In gvim 5.7,
          > double-clicking the left mouse selects a word. Double-clicking and then
          > dragging selects additional words. In gvim 6.0v, I get additional
          > characters. In both versions, I have 'mouse' set to a and 'mousemodel'
          > set to extend. Are there any other options I should check?

          Oh, wait. I was trying a double click and then dragging or clicking with the
          right mouse button. If you click and then click-drag I can see the
          difference. I suppose the wordwise selection should work like in 5.7 then.
          I'll find out if that can be fixed.

          16. You step out of your room and realize that your parents have moved and
          you don't have a clue when it happened.