bailing out of debug mode

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
      Vim Dev Guys and Gals:

      Is there a way to bail out of a hopelessly confused function in debug
      mode? I tried CTRL-C and it did not work. Once one variable comes up
      undefined, I get a lot of error messages before the function quits. Maybe
      this is a more general problem, that the "Hit ENTER" prompt does not
      accept CTRL-C.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Zdenek Sekera
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2001
        Benji Fisher wrote:

        > Vim Dev Guys and Gals:
        >
        > Is there a way to bail out of a hopelessly confused function in debug
        > mode? I tried CTRL-C and it did not work. Once one variable comes up
        > undefined, I get a lot of error messages before the function quits. Maybe
        > this is a more general problem, that the "Hit ENTER" prompt does not
        > accept CTRL-C.

        I hit that one, too, and didn't find a way out. I'd be interested to
        know, too.
        I just killed the window but that's what you want to do...
        Problem is I can't reproduce it now, I fixed some of the problems and
        now
        I can't get into that state.

        ---Zdenek