Re: 6.0t breaks crontab -e [patch included]

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 2, 2001
      Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:

      > > > When using vim 6.0t with "crontab -e", crontab holds the fd of the tmp
      > > > file, and compares the result of fstat before and after; vi unlinks the
      > > > old file and writes a new one.
      > >
      > > Hmm, I thought I fixed that. And for me it works fine.
      >
      > Not working on Red Hat Linux 7.
      >
      > > Did you change any of the options? Specifically 'backupskip'. Or is your
      > > $TMPDIR not set to /tmp?
      >
      > No special options, no tampering with backupskip, no odd $TMPDIR.

      Hmm, only in the tiny version... Ah, 'backupskip' isn't included then.

      Include this patch, then it should work:

      *** feature.h~ Tue Jan 30 14:47:58 2001
      --- feature.h Fri Feb 2 12:54:58 2001
      ***************
      *** 387,395 ****
      #endif

      /*
      ! * +wildignore 'wildignore' option
      */
      ! #ifdef FEAT_NORMAL
      # define FEAT_WILDIGN
      #endif

      --- 387,396 ----
      #endif

      /*
      ! * +wildignore 'wildignore' and 'backupskip' options
      ! * Needed for Unix to make "crontab -e" work.
      */
      ! #if defined(FEAT_NORMAL) || defined(UNIX)
      # define FEAT_WILDIGN
      #endif

      125. You begin to wonder how often it REALLY is necessary to get up
      and shower or bathe.