Re: Delay when using the mouse to activate menus on Win32

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2001
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > Hi all -
      >
      > I have noticed for a long time a curious buglet:
      >
      > In gvim on Win32, when selecting a menu item, the action is not immediate.
      >
      > For example, load a bunch of files so you have entries in the 'buffers'
      > menu. Now, using the mouse, select a buffer from the menu BUT DON'T MOVE
      > THE MOUSE after selecting. If you are careful, nothing will happen until
      > you move the mouse!
      >
      > It looks like something bogus in our event handling. Has anyone else
      > noticed this?
      >
      > Ron

      I do not see this. I am running gvim 5.7 and 6.0t on W95. I use a
      track pad, so I can test this pretty reliably: when I tap the button,
      there is no danger of accidentally moving the pointer at the same time.

      --Benji Fisher
    • Mike Steed
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
        Hi. My name is Mike and I am a trackball user. I don't see this problem on
        Win2K either.

        Mike

        [snip]

        > >> Ron
        > >
        > > I do not see this. I am running gvim 5.7 and 6.0t on
        > >W95. I use a
        > >track pad, so I can test this pretty reliably: when I tap
        > the button,
        > >there is no danger of accidentally moving the pointer at the
        > same time.
        > >
        > > --Benji Fisher

      • Ron Aaron
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
          Maybe it's NT specific, then. I see it on two different NT4 systems.

        • Vince Negri
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2001
            > Ron Aaron [SMTP:raaron@...] pondered:
            >
            > Maybe it's NT specific, then. I see it on two different NT4 systems.

            Don't see it on my NT4 system, so it must be more
            specific than that! :-)

            Vince