Re: vim kde component

  • Philippe Fremy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 30, 2001
      > It might be necessary to avoid the wait-for-event loop that Vim contains.
      > But preferably most of the code doesn't need to know where the typed
      > characters come from and can just use "vgetc()" to get the next one.
      >
      > How about the idea to have Vim run in its own thread?

      Hopefully, kde has recently developed the possibility to embed
      out-of-process components (with konqueror embedding gecko). But it is not
      used yet and not documented. :-(

      But there no other choice, so I'll go with that. At least it sounds
      feasible without rewriting vim :-)

      I'll keep you up-to-date when something is available.

      Philippe