Re: Still more gzip issues -- buffers remain loaded

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 21, 2000
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > One more issue (this happens also with the ftp plugin)
      >
      > If I edit, e.g.:
      >
      > :e some.txt.gz
      >
      > I get the file 'some.txt.gz' loaded as text, which is wonderful.
      >
      > But I also get two more buffers, '/tmp/vib170.tmp.gz' and '/tmp/vib170.tmp'.
      > They hang around in the buffer list even after I 'bd' the some.txt.gz
      > buffer.

      The gzip plugin should delete these buffers, I'll do that.

      > This seems to be an undesirable side-effect of the 'r' command which I have
      > noted before. Is this dependent on some option setting? I have 'hidden' on
      > which seems to have loads of side-effects.

      This is because of the use of "#" for the alternate file name. The argument
      for ":r" and ":w" needs to be remembered.

      Anyway, it should not hurt to have a few more file names in the buffer list.
      I wonder why you need to clean it up. Perhaps you can use the argument
      list instead?

      65. The last time you looked at the clock it was 11:30pm, and in what seems
      like only a few seconds later, your sister runs past you to catch her
      7am school bus.