Re: inputsecret()

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2000
      Charles Campbell wrote:

      > Here's a patch against vim 6.0q that implements a function called
      >
      > inputsecret(promptstring)
      >
      > It doesn't put stars instead of spaces for the secret input; haven't
      > figured that part out yet.

      This appears to be going in the right way. But I thought all the required
      functionality was already there (partly in input() and partly for getting the
      crypt key), this patch adds more code than I would think is necessary.

      A few hints:
      - move the code from input() and inputsecret() together in a new function,
      most of it is the same.
      - Don't add a new start-character to getcmdline(), using NUL should work,
      since you don't want the typed text in a history.
      - There are flags for crypt that make the text appear as stars. Probably need
      to rename them to "stars" instead of "crypt".

      If you don't understand this, I should probably do it myself...

      68. Your cat always puts viruses on your dogs homepage