OleVim in C++

  • Rafał Dąbrowa
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      Hello !

      I have rewritten SendToVim and OpenWithVim in C++. The main advantage
      is,
      that they don't require Visual Basic libraries. OpenWithVim treates also
      specially
      shell links (*.pif, *.lnk files). It causes to open files referred by such
      links
      instead of links itself.
      Proper compilation of this version requires Windows 9x (I haven't tested
      it on NT,
      but I think that it should work on NT also), Visual C++ in version 5.0 (I
      haven't
      tested any other version, but I hope that it is compilable by any later
      version). I hope
      also, that such package may be easily changed up to make by other compilers.
      Proper run requires gvim in version 5.3 or later with OLE support.

      Up to compile, please unpack package from attachment, an then:
      - ensure, that Vc\bin subdirectory of DevStudio exist in your path
      - open MSDOS (command) prompt
      - set MSVCDIR environment variable to Vc subdirectory of DevStudio
      installation directory (usually \Program Files\DevStudio\Vc). You may
      also
      edit Makefile located in vim_ole directory and set BASE macro to this
      directory
      - from vim_ole directory run nmake

      I'm awaiting any remarks and proposals. If C++ version proves to be better
      than
      Visual Basic one, probably it replaces VB version in future gvim releases.

      Rafal