Re: Explorer.vim in vim 6.0n

  • Mark Waggoner
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hmmm, well I didn't test it on windows before sending it because I
      didn't have a vim 6 for windows. I just went and got Ron Aaron's
      precompiled binary and tried it out. I didn't get the same error
      message you got, which looks suspiciously like the plugin didn't get
      loaded, but I did get other errors. You might want to make sure your
      plugin is really getting loaded by setting verbose.

      Now to the errors I did get.

      It seems that you can't do a ":chdir ." on vim for windows. Anyone
      know why not? isdirectory(".") returns true, but :chdir . results in

      Can't find directory "." in cdpath
      Command Failed

      In fact, my explorer.vim plugin actually caused gvim to crash on
      Windows 2000, though I haven't debugged why yet.

      On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Bill McCarthy wrote:

      > On Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:11:34 -0800 (PST), Mark Waggoner wrote:
      >
      > >OOps - the explorer.vim I attached used a function that only
      > >temporarily existed in one of my vim experiments. Repaired version
      > >re-attached.
      >
      > Mark,
      >
      > I tried the new smaller version of explorer.vim. When I type `:e .` I
      > get the message:
      >
      > "C:\vim\vim60n\runtime\plugin\" Illegal file name
      >
      > Bill

      Mark Waggoner waggoner@... (503) 712-3335
      Lean back in your easy chair, the Bunny Planet's waiting there