Re: Another vim 5.7 -> vim6 incompatibilty?

  • Jeff Lanzarotta
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      I just ran into this same problem... I'm glad you asked about this, I would
      like to know what the answer is...

      --
      Jeff Lanzarotta
      Software Engineer
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        Thus saith Neil Bird:
        > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
        > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

        com! -ra -n=+ -com=command B call Functions('vis.vim') | call VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
        ^^^^^^^
        you need
        this spelled
        out

        Regards,
        C Campbell

        --
        Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __
        cec@... /_/ \/_//_/
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
          Neil Bird wrote:
          > > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
          > > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.
          >
          > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
          >
          > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
          > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
          >
          > Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
          > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

          The abbreviation of the argument to "-complete=" was an undocumented feature.
          It has been removed, because it made the command quite hard to read back.

          --
          I'm sure that I asked CBuilder to do a "full" install. Looks like I got
          a "fool" install, instead. Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD