Re: Another vim 5.7 -> vim6 incompatibilty?

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      Neil Bird wrote:
      > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
      > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.

      No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:

      :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
      VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

      Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
      VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

      ?

      This is Stefan Roemer's vis.vim.

      --
      =====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -====================
      Neil Bird | If this .signature |
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        I just ran into this same problem... I'm glad you asked about this, I would
        like to know what the answer is...

        Neil Bird wrote:

        > Neil Bird wrote:
        > > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
        > > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.
        >
        > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
        >
        > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
        > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
        >
        > Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
        > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
        >
        > ?
        >
        > This is Stefan Roemer's vis.vim.
        >
        > --
        > =====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -====================
        > Neil Bird | If this .signature |
        > work mailto:neil.bird@... | looks pants, then | $> cd /pub
        > personal mailto:neil@... | stop using Outlook! | $> more beer

        --
        Jeff Lanzarotta
        Software Engineer
        QC Software
        http://www.qcsoftware.com
      • Dr. Charles E. Campbell
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
          Thus saith Neil Bird:
          > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
          > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

          com! -ra -n=+ -com=command B call Functions('vis.vim') | call VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
          ^^^^^^^
          you need
          this spelled
          out

          Regards,
          C Campbell

          --
          Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __
          cec@... /_/ \/_//_/
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
            Neil Bird wrote:
            > > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
            > > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.
            >
            > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
            >
            > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
            > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
            >
            > Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
            > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

            The abbreviation of the argument to "-complete=" was an undocumented feature.
            It has been removed, because it made the command quite hard to read back.

            --
            I'm sure that I asked CBuilder to do a "full" install. Looks like I got
            a "fool" install, instead. Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD