Another vim 5.7 -> vim6 incompatibilty?

  • Neil Bird
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
      I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
      'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.

      Are there any others?

      --
      =====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -====================
      Neil Bird | If this .signature |
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
        Neil Bird wrote:
        > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
        > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.

        No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:

        :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
        VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

        Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
        VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

        ?

        This is Stefan Roemer's vis.vim.

        --
        =====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -====================
        Neil Bird | If this .signature |
        work mailto:neil.bird@... | looks pants, then | $> cd /pub
        personal mailto:neil@... | stop using Outlook! | $> more beer
      • Jeff Lanzarotta
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
          I just ran into this same problem... I'm glad you asked about this, I would
          like to know what the answer is...

          Neil Bird wrote:

          > Neil Bird wrote:
          > > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
          > > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.
          >
          > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
          >
          > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
          > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
          >
          > Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
          > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
          >
          > ?
          >
          > This is Stefan Roemer's vis.vim.
          >
          > --
          > =====================- http://www.racaldefence.com/ -====================
          > Neil Bird | If this .signature |
          > work mailto:neil.bird@... | looks pants, then | $> cd /pub
          > personal mailto:neil@... | stop using Outlook! | $> more beer

          --
          Jeff Lanzarotta
          Software Engineer
          QC Software
          http://www.qcsoftware.com
        • Dr. Charles E. Campbell
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
            Thus saith Neil Bird:
            > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
            > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

            com! -ra -n=+ -com=command B call Functions('vis.vim') | call VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
            ^^^^^^^
            you need
            this spelled
            out

            Regards,
            C Campbell

            --
            Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __
            cec@... /_/ \/_//_/
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2000
              Neil Bird wrote:
              > > I have a few ':com's around. This is apparently now 'complete', not
              > > 'command'. Not major, but the version6.txt doesn't this as a change.
              >
              > No, it's not quite that. I'm not certain what, yet:
              >
              > :com! -ra -n=+ -com=c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
              > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')
              >
              > Invalid complete value: c B call Functions('vis.vim') | call
              > VisBlockCmd(0,'<a>')

              The abbreviation of the argument to "-complete=" was an undocumented feature.
              It has been removed, because it made the command quite hard to read back.

              --
              I'm sure that I asked CBuilder to do a "full" install. Looks like I got
              a "fool" install, instead. Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD