RE: Vim 6 goodies list?

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000
      The most powerful new feature is of course the new Windows 3.1 port.
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)
      ;-)

      please don't hit me.

      Vince

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2000

        See http://www.vim.org/docnew/version6.txt

        > How stable /is/ 6 ATM?

        Reasonably. But I'm changing it all the time, thus recently changed code
        might contain problems...

        --
        WOMAN: King of the who?
        ARTHUR: The Britons.

      • Paul Moore
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2000
          From: Bram@... [mailto:Bram@...]
          > > How stable /is/ 6 ATM?
          >
          > Reasonably. But I'm changing it all the time, thus recently changed code
          > might contain problems...

          You ought to be aware that Bram's definition of "reasonably stable" equates
          to a more stable state than many people's idea of "ready for release" :-)

          I have always used the latest available versions of Vim - I'm currently
          running 6.0n, and I have never encountered any real problems. In particular,
          Vim has NEVER lost data on me.

          Rock-solid stability is one of the features of Vim which is very rarely
          advertised, but is incredibly valuable. Thanks, Bram.

          Paul.