vim60n: is echohl working?

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2000
      I tried

      echohl WarningMsg
      echo "something"
      echo None

      this works, the "something" is displayed in a different color.

      However trying anything else (:h highlight-groups) like 'SpecialKey',
      etc...) doesn't make the "something" come out in different color.
      Actually I think nothing else than 'WarningMsg' works.

      Yet by reading :h echohl I have an impression it should.
      What's wrong?

      ---Zdenek
    • Vince Negri
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2000
        > echohl WarningMsg
        > echo "something"
        > echo None

        > this works, the "something" is displayed in a different color.

        >However trying anything else (:h highlight-groups) like 'SpecialKey',
        >etc...) doesn't make the "something" come out in different color.
        >Actually I think nothing else than 'WarningMsg' works.

        Works fine for me. (win32 console) Have you tried doing a
        :highlight<CR>

        to see what highlight groups are currently defined and what they
        are set to?

        Vince