Re: Oh, no! (was Re: Dynamic link with perl and python (vim60k-w32))

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 3, 2000
      Ron Aaron wrote:

      > Alas, you've found me out! I had the Python and perl installed, so I didn't
      > catch the failure to really dynamically load.
      >
      > I have just uploaded a *new* version, which is *really* dynamically loaded (!)
      > to the same place:
      >
      > http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/gvim.exe

      That one works much better :) For me, the perl interface worked fine,
      and it said the python interface was "disable" (the spelling needs to be
      fixed on that message) since I only had 1.5 installed and it wanted 2.0.

      Dan Sharp
    • Ron Aaron
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 3, 2000
        Dan Sharp <vimuser@...> writes:
        >Ron Aaron wrote:
        >
        >> Alas, you've found me out! I had the Python and perl installed, so I didn't
        >> catch the failure to really dynamically load.
        >>
        >> I have just uploaded a *new* version, which is *really* dynamically loaded (!)
        >> to the same place:
        >>
        >> http://www.mossbayeng.com/~ron/vim/gvim.exe
        >
        >That one works much better :) For me, the perl interface worked fine,
        >and it said the python interface was "disable" (the spelling needs to be
        >fixed on that message) since I only had 1.5 installed and it wanted 2.0.
        >
        >Dan Sharp

        Good. You should get the ActiveState Python 2.0 to use with this gvim.exe.
        If you use another version, I don't know if it will work (probably not!).

        Have a good weekend,
        Ron