Re: VIM 6.0 Win32 Installation?

  • Craig Barkhouse
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2000
      Right now I've got 5.7 and 6.0k running side-by-side on Win2K, and I don't have any conflicts. In my setup, the former is in C:\Vim\vim57, and the latter is in C:\Vim\vim60k. Once you have 6.0k compiled, copy vim.exe from Vim\vim60k\src to Vim\vim60k. I then suggest creating two batch files somewhere in your path, one called "vi" or "vim" which launches Vim\vim57\vim.exe, and one called vim6 which launches Vim\vim60k\vim.exe. That should be all there is to it.

      If you find that you need different _vimrc files for the two versions, then you can use the -u option in your batch files.