Fwd: VIM 6.0 Win32 Installation?

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2000
      From: Brian Osman <bosman1@...>
      Newsgroups: comp.editors
      Subject: VIM 6.0 Win32 Installation?
      Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 07:41:47 GMT

      I've recently dl'd and built VIM 6.0k on Win98. It basically
      works, but not entirely. I grabbed all four files, un-gzipped
      and un-tarred them to c:\vim\vim60k, then went to src and
      built everything. My question is what SHOULD I do next?

      The Win32 makefiles don't have the 'install' option for
      moving things around where they "ought" to be, although I
      realize this is a much more nebulous concept than in most
      unices, where everyhing just gets moved to /usr/local...

      Anyways, which files/directories need to go where after
      building? I'm sure that what I've got itsn't quite right
      (especially since I started getting strange errors when
      trying to turn on syntax folding with a C++ file loaded):

      ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483639
      ml_get: invalid lnum: 2147483640

      Is there a conflict with the multiple versions?
      I still have 5.5 around for everyday work.

      Thanks in advance,

      -Brian Osman